The Yu Yureka From Micromax: The Cyanogen Bomb
Folks gear up for a January smartphone treat by Amazon for Micromax’s first Yu brand smartphone which will be running on Cyanogen operating system. This smartphone has been given well module price which is just Rs. 8,999, (approx $142) which is quite affordable for all.
Yu Yureka is based on customization and services, and the company has a motto for the brand which is “Yu play god” which has a significance of ‘two pillars’. And what just caught the eyes is a giveaway of leather back covers worth of Rs. 999 to early phone consumers. Rahul Sharma the co-founder of Micromax Mobiles calls this phone being “Android on steroids” and “temple of customization” as one can go for so many changes in this phone and there are ‘thousands of features in the Android stock ’. Yureka AO5510 runs on custom-build of Cyanogen OS– Cyanogen OS 11.
There are many good features which can be fetched for this smartphone and you can certainly look forward to buy this one:
- This phone from Micromax mobiles comes with a 5.5 inch HD screen with screen resolution of 720×1280 pixels with IPS display with a pixel density of 267ppi and Gorilla Glass 3 protection.
- Yu Yureka is powered by 64-bit 1.5GHz Octa-core Snapdragon 615 SoC (MSM8939), supported with Adreno 405 GPU and 2GB of RAM.
- Yu Yureka comes with a 13mp Sony Exmor CMOS sensor rear autofocus camera with an f/2.2 aperture and flash. A selfie camera of 5mp which proves to be good for selfies and video calls.
- It comes with 16GB inbuilt storage which can definitely be expanded up to 32GB via micro SD and sports a 2500mAh Li-po battery which is said to be as same as the power of 3,000mAh battery, and is raised by 25% in power saving. This will provide with a talktime up to 8-9 hours and a standby time up to 2 days. Not just this Yu Yureka gives video playback time of up to six hours and a gaming back up to 4 hours.
- It even features Cat. 4 4GLTE with up to 150Mbps download speeds and 50Mbps upload speeds, apart from Band 40 and Band 3 support.
- It comes with many connectivity options including Bluetooth 4.0, Micro-USB, Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n, GPS, and a 3.5mm audio jack. It comes with and onboard sensors include an accelerometer, proximity sensor, ambient light sensor and gyroscope.
- Yu Yureka is based on Android 4.4.4 KitKat, and this upgraded up to Android 5.0 Lollipop- based build.
- The smartphone supports USB otg, which is an awesome feature at this pricing point.
Co-founder of Cyanogen Inc., Kurt Mc Master said that “There’s a battle being fought in India, and Cyanogen+Yu, we intend to win that battle.” He raised a point of level of stagnation in the smartphone world from the day iPhone equipped the market with its utterly new forms of swipe, tap and open an app. With Cyanogen he had made sure that he will break the same paradigm and for him this is just the starting as Cyanogen will go global with many local services provided by Cyanogen in India.
There are many swift keep ups for Yu Yureka as this Smartphone is based on ‘personalisation, security and performance of Cyanogen OS. But foremost emphasis is very much given to customisation, where the modification of icon can be easily done by the Yureka users only and with this the fonts, boot screen animation, taps and themes all can be easily changed by the users.
Rahul Sharma clarified that the Yureka phone will feature an unlock able boot loader, kernel source, and full Android build tree. As for power users, Micromax claims warranty will not be voided on rooting the smartphone. Commenting on the feature, Sharma said, “You are the master, you control your destiny, you create the software, we’ll put it on your devices.”
Here’s a peek on the specs sheet:
Processor: Qualcomm Snapdragon 615 Cortex A-53 64bit SOC ARMv8 clocked at 1.5GHz Octacore and Adreno 405 GPU.
Modem: 3g and 4G LTE CAT4 Support.
OS: Cyanogen OS 11, Android 4.4.4
Display: 5.5 inch HD IPS Display With Corning Gorilla Glass 3. 267 PPi
Camera: 13MP shooter with Sony EXMOR sensor with f/2.2 aperture with a blue filter and a 5MP front facing selfie camera. Video capture at 1080p at 30fps and 720p at 60fps video recording with 120fps coming soon.
Memory: 16GB Internal with 2GB RAM with Expandable 32gb storage.
Battery: 2500 mAh Li Po battery.
Sim: Dual SIM (4G and 3G)
Share your thoughts about this beast in the comments below.
Author Nandan is a tech blogger for different topics from gadgets to lifestyle, and a passionate writer, currently working with zopper.com. Having a keen interest in writing he tries to learn all aspects of writing.